Updated as of December 21, 2011
- Account Activity. All activities on ConnectYard like uploading materials, posting comments, flagging materials, or forming groups - require you to have an ConnectYard Account. We ask for some personal information when you create an ConnectYard Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use ConnectYard, the activities, and groups you subscribe to, the contacts you communicate with, the study materials you view, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in ConnectYard (including UI elements, settings, and other information). Once you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "Web Beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or material content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within groups, forums, or profile pages, etc.) by default will not be made publicly available and can not be collected and used by others.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the ConnectYard Sites, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the ConnectYard Sites, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload materials or send messages through the ConnectYard Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any materials that you submit to the ConnectYard Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major ConnectYard Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the ConnectYard Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
Information That is Publicly Available
- When you create an account on the site, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other Users of the site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged into your account, your age (if you choose to make it public), the country and the number of materials or comments you have viewed.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you engage in certain activity on the site, such as you upload study materials or send messages through the ConnectYard Sites. Other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
- You may also choose to add personal information that will be visible to other Users on your account profile page (which is the public facing page for your account on the site). This may include a profile picture, your name, gender, or other details.
- If you choose to add certain features to your account profile page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other Users and may be aggregated and shared with your confirmed group members or other Users. Such shared activity may include what materials you view, what materials you rated and what materials you have uploaded.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the ConnectYard Sites, in which case you can not view materials and explore the ConnectYard Sites.
- You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
- You may control the information that is available to other Users and your confirmed group members at any time by editing your account and the features that are included on your account profile page.
For questions concerning the platform or your account, or for more information about our privacy practices, write to us at:
508 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470